725 W. 172nd St.
Unit:56 New York, NY 10032-1711
Between Haven and Fort Washington Avenues, Washington Heights
- Building Name
- 725 W. 172nd St.
- New York, NY 10032-1711
- Cross Street
- Between Haven and Fort Washington Avenues
- Washington Heights
- Web ID
- 3(1 bedroom)
- Security Deposit
- 1 Months
- Approx. Sq. Ft
- Rent Stabilized
Min Renter's Qualifications
- Unit Amenities
- Hardwood Floors, High Ceilings
- this classic sq. ft unit is perfect for you!
This is a 5th floor 1 bedroom with amazing layout and has hardwood floors, high ceilings. is a real gem!
Great location close to all you need!
For a viewing please call. Thanks.
- Building Name
- The Heights Building
- Building Amenities
- Basement Laundryroom, Magnetic Lock Lobby Doors, On-Site Superintendent, Rentable Storage Lockers, Heat and hot water Included , Oriel Bay Windows
- River views from the sidewalks and close to everything the greatest city in the world has to offer! This classically handsome apartment building has nothing but first class features and is located on a peaceful Washington Heights block.
Washington Heights Population and Housing Statistics:
- Approximate Population: 62,075
- Change Since 2000: 3.0%
- Number of Households: 19,450
- Average Persons per Household: 3.11
- Average Household Income: $46,586
The building at 725 West 172nd Street is well-serviced by a network of streets, as well as by major routes such as the Henry Hudson Parkway (located 1/4-mile west), Harlem River Drive (1/2-mile west), and the Cross-Bronx Expressway (1/4-mile north).
Access to public transportation is a breeze with the A train accessible within just a few blocks north via the 175th Street subway station. The 1 train is also nearby at 168th Street. The George Washington Bridge bus terminal is within a short distance as well, being located at Broadway between 178th and 179th Streets, and the bridge itself a mere six blocks north, providing transport to New Jersey to the west.
It is no wonder that this area has been called a “Walker’s Paradise,” earning almost a perfect score on walkscore.com. Side streets are quaint, primarily residential, and very quiet. Broadway’s retail corridor bursts with eclectic shops and vendors, offering both one-of-a-kind items as well as the trendiest must-haves, and lush greenery lines the streets. Riverside Drive, with river views of the Hudson, is just over a block west, and a few blocks to the east is the Amsterdam Avenue retail corridor. Fort Washington Park lies just west and boasts 182 acres of playing courts and fields, historical landmarks, Manhattan’s only lighthouse, The Little Red Lighthouse, and great views of the Hudson River and Palisade Mountains.
Apartments here at 725 West 172nd Street would be the perfect location for students and staff of Columbia University, whose incredible 20-acre campus and all its impressive buildings is found three blocks south. Ranked 6th in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, Columbia University Medical Center is a division of the New York-Presbyterian Hospital, which has become the largest private employer in New York City, having a staff of 5,282 at the Columbia University Medical Center alone. In addition, there is a student enrollment of approximately 3,882 and 1,371 degrees were granted in the 2010-2011 school year.
You will not have to venture far to get the freshest produce, fast-food, fine dining, or anything else. Within just a few blocks, residents of 725 West 172nd Street have access to a variety of shopping options and other necessities and services. Steps away on Broadway there is a health food store, discount store, convenience store, Tinaja’s Restaurant and Bar, the Broadway Farmer’s Market with fresh produce, flowers, and meat, Broadway Medical Center, wine and liquor store, fashionable clothing boutique, hair salon, Popeye’s Chicken and Biscuits, and seemingly endless other dining options.
- Six-story, 43,800 square-foot masonry residential building constructed in 1920
- Well-maintained with architectural interest
- Building features a pool, newer roof, windows, intercom/buzzer system, updated electric service, recent renovations completed in common area hallways and stairways, and several thoroughly renovated apartments
- Average apartment size is 754 square feet
- 48 Units, including eleven (11) one-bedroom apartments, 25 two-bedroom apartments, and twelve (12) three-bedroom apartments
- 8-foot ceilings
- Residences are bright and cheerful with fresh paint and large windows
- Gleaming hardwood floors
- Decorative trim work, wide baseboards, and some apartments feature bump outs
- Bathtub with shower
- New burner boiler
- Intercom systems
- Two new passenger elevators
- Laundry Room and Storage Lockers available
- Many recent renovations including bathrooms
- Recent electrical service upgrade, with new panels in each apartment
- A and 1 lines just a short distance away
- Shopping and dining very close by
Just one short block north brings you to Jay Hood Wright Park, a historical park acquired for the city in 1925 and named for a banker who made many anonymous contributions to the New York Public Library in the late 1800s. The park is an outstanding feature of this neighborhood and has undergone several capital improvements recently, including:
- Thorough reconstruction of the playground and courts, a project totaling $2,051,000
- New safety surfacing
- “Adventure Playground” equipment was customized to imitate the George Washington Bridge
- Comfort stations and recreation center renovations, a project totaling $1,820,000
- New benches, trees, spray shower, wrought iron fencing, and pavement
This neighborhood is rich with a sense of community, open space, employment opportunities, shopping options, and restaurants. 725 West 172nd Street offers a true Washington Heights experience without breaking the bank. Call to find out more about this building today!
Please note that without a valid APPOINTMENT AUTHORIZATION#,
the space cannot be shown to you.
Please take a moment to request the appointment and we will assist in
setting this up for you and issuing you an APPOINTMENT #
By presenting the information set forth herein, Heights Real Estate Company, LLC makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including without limitation, the condition or manner of construction of the property offered, conditions considered latent or patent, compliance with local law, and environmental conditions. Heights Real Estate Company, LLC . does not warrant the accuracy of the information set forth herein, and the same is submitted subject to errors and omissions, and the right of our principal(s) to withdraw, modify or condition the listing without prior notice.
- Other units you might like...
- Available Same 1 Bedroom Units
- Mark Jones
- (646) 381 - 3707
- Email Me