618 W. 142nd St.
Unit:2G New York, NY 10031-6619
Between Broadway and Riverside Drive, Washington Heights
- Building Name
- 618 W. 142nd St.
- New York, NY 10031-6619
- Cross Street
- Between Broadway and Riverside Drive
- Washington Heights
- Web ID
- 4(2 bedroom)
- Security Deposit
- 1 Months
- Approx. Sq. Ft
- Rent Stabilized
Min Renter's Qualifications
- Unit Amenities
- Hardwood Floors, High Ceilings
- If You are looking for an exceptional opportunity for a perfect space then look no further.
This is a 2nd floor 2 bedroom with amazing layout and has hardwood floors, high ceilings. Enormous Windows and Great Views!!
not to be missed.
I'm your contact for any colourful Good Size apartment in the area!
- Building Name
- Beacon Arms
- Building Amenities
- On-Site Superintendent, Key fob entry, Magnetic Lock Lobby Doors, 24 Hour Digital Surveillance System, Basement Laundryroom, Rentable Storage Lockers, Marbled Lobby, Heat and hot water Included
- This building has “Stay Awhile” written all over it! 618 West 142nd Street is a classy location in a quiet Hamilton Heights, primarily residential area. The location offers one retail unit at street level, and the upper floors consist of well-maintained, upscale residential units.
Community District # 9 Land Use Statistics (2010 excerpts):
Lots Area Percentage
1-2 Family Residential 355 2.0
Multi-Family Residential 1,335 26.4
Mixed-Use 306 7.3
Commercial/Office 93 2.5
Institutions 195 20.0
Open Space/Recreation 22 30.2
Access to public transportation is easy when there is a subway stop just a short walk away at Broadway and 145th Street. This station is served by the 1 train at all times. Bus service is also quickly accessed with stops along Broadway and Riverside Drive. The network of roadways within the immediate area is well-connected and provides convenient access to major routes, including the Major Deegan Expressway, Henry Hudson Parkway, Harlem River Drive, and the Triborough Bridge.
This block is considered a “Walker’s Paradise” on walkscore.com, with its close proximity to transportation and a variety of dining and retail options, as well as access to outstanding park recreation facilities. The tidy tree-lined and landscaped street with ornate turn-of-the-century mid-rise buildings and quaint row-style housing contributes to the charm of the area.
Just a short walk west brings you to the 28-acre Riverbank State Park, one of the most widely visited state parks in New York State. With its incredible views of the Hudson River, Palisade Mountains, and the George Washington Bridge, the park offers five major buildings that respectively house an Olympic-size pool, a 2,500-seat athletic complex, skating rink, 800-seat theater, and restaurant. The park also offers outdoor swimming and wading pools, four tennis courts, picnic areas, a 400-seat amphitheater, a running track, various athletic courts and fields, and docking facilities. All this is easily accessible from 618 West 142nd Street’s front door!
The building would make an excellent residence for a student or staff member of The City College of New York, whose campus and its many landmark buildings lie about a half-mile southeast on Convent Avenue. The college, founded in 1847 and comprised of well-renowned, neo-gothic buildings, has a 35-acre campus and an enrollment of over 10,000 students. Dedicated not only to providing excellence in education through its 73 undergraduate and 47 masters programs, the college maintains a highly resourceful Career Center that regularly holds job fairs, career counseling, and other services to ensure the success of the CCNY student body and their surrounding community.
A block east is the bustling Broadway commercial corridor, where all your day-to-day necessities can be obtained within minutes of stepping out of your apartment. There is a pharmacy, beauty salon, several small grocery stores, hardware store, flower shop, several restaurants and fast food options, wine/liquor store, dentist office, meat market, deli, dry cleaning, discount shop, and so much more – all accessible within a block from 618 West 142nd Street.
618 West 142nd Street is a quiet location on a tree-lined street with well-maintained neighboring buildings and sidewalks. The apartments are bright, airy and nicely-appointed, and a spacious and ornately decorated lobby and ground level retail unit rounds out this magnificent building. Additional features and highlights include:
- 42,270 square-foot brick building with 1,000 square-foot retail space, and the remainder residential apartments
- Constructed circa 1915
- 44 apartments with great layouts, many recently remodeled
- Typical residence is approximately 500 square feet with one bedroom, one bath, kitchen, and living room
- Live-in superintendent
- Passenger elevator
- Marbled lobby with mailboxes, decorative arches, and crown molding
- Magnetic lock lobby doors
- Key fob entry
- 24-hour digital surveillance system
- Heat and Hot Water Included
- Hardwood Floors
- Laundry in building
- Secure storage lockers available
- Great Tenant History
- Quiet Residential Street in a highly pedestrian-friendly neighborhood
- Access the 1 Train and bus lines within minutes
- Short walk to Riverbank State Park with its state-of-the-art facilities and Hudson River access
- City College only a few blocks away
Even if you are not currently a student or staff member of The City College of New York, perhaps you would consider a new venture after learning more about this splendid institution. Some special programs offered here include:
- Early admission for qualified high school juniors
- Study-abroad opportunities in destinations such as China, Africa, Eastern, and Western Europe
- 4,000 scholarships granted annually to qualified freshmen
- CCNY’s medical school acceptance rate is well above the national average, with 75% of first-time applicants being accepted
- More than 90 campus clubs, organizations, and intercollegiate and intermural sports activity options
This building, with its quiet location, and all the great nearby institutions and retail options, is a truly fantastic spot to make home. Call to find out more today!
Please note that without a valid APPOINTMENT AUTHORIZATION#,
the space cannot be shown to you.
Please take a moment to request the appointment and we will assist in
setting this up for you and issuing you an APPOINTMENT #
By presenting the information set forth herein, Heights Real Estate Company, LLC makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including without limitation, the condition or manner of construction of the property offered, conditions considered latent or patent, compliance with local law, and environmental conditions. Heights Real Estate Company, LLC . does not warrant the accuracy of the information set forth herein, and the same is submitted subject to errors and omissions, and the right of our principal(s) to withdraw, modify or condition the listing without prior notice.
- Other units you might like...
- Available Same 2 Bedrooms Units
- Mark Jones
- Email Me