649-665 Clinton Avenue
Unit:ST6 Newark, NJ 07108-0000
Btwn South 10th & 11th Street, Newark
Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Building Name
- 649-665 Clinton Avenue
- Newark, NJ 07108-0000
- Cross Street
- Btwn South 10th & 11th Street
- Web ID
- Approx. Sq. Ft
- Ceiling Height
- ST6 is a 1000 SQ FT commercial space for rent. Call or email today.
- Look no further! This great retail or office space is located in a well-rounded and nicely maintained neighborhood in densely populated Upper Clinton Hill, Newark. Many possibilities here, and plenty of residents to take notice of your highly visible storefront.
Upper Clinton Hill Newark
Area 1.007 sq. miles 24.14 sq. miles
Population 16,402   278,154
Pop. Density 16,283 per sq. mile 11,495 per sq. mile
Clinton Avenue is a main mixed-use roadway with great access to highways, Interstate 78 being less than two miles south. The Garden State Parkway is just west of this convenient location and also less than two miles, and the New Jersey Turnpike is approximately five miles away, allowing easy access to Jersey City, Hoboken, and New York City.
Several highly reputable destinations are also located nearby, with Newark’s Rutgers University campus less than three miles northeast and Newark Liberty International Airport five miles southeast. The airport employs a staff of about 24,000 at its 425-acre terminal and in 2009 served an estimated 33.5 million travelers. It is contributing considerably and positively to the New Jersey-New York metropolitan area’s economy, producing approximately $18.5 billion in economic activity and $6.7 billion paid in wages and salaries. Rutgers-Newark, having an undergraduate and graduate population of about 30,000, causes the surrounding area to be highly concentrated with students and faculty. The media has recently been buzzing about the active culture and business sector surrounding the college. Rutgers-Newark has earned its place in US News and World Reports Best National Universities for 2011, and is nationally ranked #17 in number of graduates securing employment within three months of receiving degrees. The Wall Street Journal has ranked the university #20 in the top 25 executive MBA programs world-wide. This highly regarded college has an incredible impact on Newark’s diverse population, providing quality award-winning education and success for its alumni.
Upper Clinton Hill is largely residential, with offices often home-based, and businesses mainly supporting convenience-oriented needs of the neighborhood. Many larger and well-maintained single-family homes are located on side streets off of Clinton Avenue. The closest currently operating businesses in 649 Clinton Avenue’s immediate vicinity include a pharmacy, small grocery store, café, dry cleaners, jewelry store, discount computer store, deli, and liquor store. The area caters to pedestrians, earning a “very walkable” status on walkscore.com, especially since this property also neighbors a historic landmark – former synogogue Temple B’Nai Abraham – whose looming presence and atypical architecture attracts and captivates passers-by.
- Highly visible two-story building on busy Clinton Avenue
- 125.6 feet of frontage on Clinton, 110 feet along residential South 11th Street
- 20,000 square feet, spanning a half-block
- Great tenant history
- 8-units on ground level, suitable for office, retail, etc., with restrooms attached
- Spacious office on second level, with lounge, kitchen, and two restrooms
- Well-maintained units with baseboard heat and air conditioning
- 24-Hour digital surveillance system
The Episcopal Community Development Inc. has gone to great lengths over the past 19 years to provide services and promote a good quality of life in all of Newark. Their headquarters are located just one and a half blocks away from the subject property, and therefore concentrate much of their work in Upper Clinton Hill. Some of their contributions are as follows:
- Dedication to fundraising and applying for grants; in April ’08 the organization and Wachovia Regional Foundation awarded the neighborhood $730,000 to be used toward community support and revitalization
- Affordable housing development and are providing advice to future homebuyers on budgeting, credit building, and aspects of the homebuying process
- Improvements along Clinton Avenue’s commercial corridor
- Promotion of a sense of community spirit among the area’s youth
- Plans for a community resource center
- Collaboration with residents and businesses
A highly visible, affordable space to operate business in a popular Newark neighborhood. What more could you ask for? Call right away!
Please note that without a valid APPOINTMENT AUTHORIZATION#,
the space cannot be shown to you.
Please take a moment to request the appointment and we will assist in
setting this up for you and issuing you an APPOINTMENT #
By presenting the information set forth herein, Heights Real Estate Company, LLC makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including without limitation, the condition or manner of construction of the property offered, conditions considered latent or patent, compliance with local law, and environmental conditions. Heights Real Estate Company, LLC . does not warrant the accuracy of the information set forth herein, and the same is submitted subject to errors and omissions, and the right of our principal(s) to withdraw, modify or condition the listing without prior notice.
- Other units you might like...
- Available Same Bedrooms Units
- Victor Kom
- (646) 810 - 6223
- Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Email Me