155 - 157 Academy Street
Unit:ST01 Jersey City, NJ 07306-5853
Baldwin Ave & Gray Street, Baldwin Avenue
Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Building Name
- 155 - 157 Academy Street
- Jersey City, NJ 07306-5853
- Cross Street
- Baldwin Ave & Gray Street
- Baldwin Avenue
- Web ID
- Approx. Sq. Ft
- Ceiling Height
- Store 1 at 155 Academy is a 700 SQ FT retail space for office or store use for rent. Call or email today for more information or to book an appointment to view the space.
- Great mixed-use building in the McGinley Square area of Journal Square, the heart of Jersey City! Walking distance to Saint Peter’s and Hudson County Community Colleges, Hudson Catholic High School, transportation, and over 140 retail and service locations. Only a short trip to the New Jersey Turnpike and Manhattan. Be a part of this proud and culturally diverse city, New Jersey’s second largest, where it’s a pleasure and an honor to live, work, and conduct business.
Journal Square Jersey City
Area: 1.542 sq. miles 14.9 sq. miles
Population: 28,122 247,597
Avg. Density: 18,237 per sq. mile 16,094 per sq. mile
155-157 Academy Street is convenient to many major routes and destinations. Just over ten miles northwest is the Garden State Parkway, and in less than a mile commuters can meet up with the New Jersey turnpike or the Pulaski Skyway. A short trip through Hoboken and the Lincoln tunnel (or, even easier, on the ferry or PATH train system) will bring a traveler into the New York’s Theater District, Central Park, and all of Midtown Manhattan.
The property is located in the Journal Square neighborhood, which had previously been the commercial center for the city and has since undergone an intensive redevelopment. This area is the transportation hub of Jersey City, with up to 30,000 commuters utilizing the Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) railway per day, whose headquarters are located less than a half mile away in Journal Square Transportation Center on John F. Kennedy Boulevard. Journal Square is also a center of learning, with Saint Peter’s College less than a mile away from this site. An estimated 3,000 students are enrolled there. Within a ten minute walk north is the Hudson County Communtity College, where more than 6,000 are earning their degrees. Many office buildings and retail shops can also be found in the vicinity.
Property Details and Highlights:
- 9,820 sq. feet total
- Mixed-use, consists of five stores (600 sq. feet each), three apartments (1,2, and 3 bedrooms) on second level
- Public and street parking nearby
- Qualifies for a “very walkable” status, with a 78 out of 100 on walkscore.com
- Highly visible building, located at intersection of Academy and Baldwin Streets
- 24-hour digital surveillance system
Jersey City, and specifically the Journal Square neighborhood, has been focusing on revitalizing the area, with hopes to attract more people who would like to purchase real estate here and take part in the culture and exciting advancements in the changing scene. Examples of some of the efforts are:
- The Planning Division recently set long-term goal of redeveloping a 277-acre area in Jersey City, with much emphasis on Journal Square and the areas surrounding the Transportation Center.
- In 1995 the Journal Square Restoration Corporation formed, consisting of business and have been funding area improvements via self-imposed tax levies and cooperation with the City of Jersey City ever since.
- The Jersey City Economic Development Corporation has coordinated “A Vision for Revitalizing Journal Square” that outlines main goals, including the reinvigoration of the classic theaters in the area, as well as adopts plans to improve and redevelop the streets and buildings. Many of these projects are already underway or completed.
Considering all that Journal Square and Jersey City has to offer and its close proximity to Manhattan, the area will only continue to draw people to take part in both the culture and opportunity found here. This prime location could be yours!
Please note that without a valid APPOINTMENT AUTHORIZATION#,
the space cannot be shown to you.
Please take a moment to request the appointment and we will assist in
setting this up for you and issuing you an APPOINTMENT #
By presenting the information set forth herein, Heights Real Estate Company, LLC makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including without limitation, the condition or manner of construction of the property offered, conditions considered latent or patent, compliance with local law, and environmental conditions. Heights Real Estate Company, LLC . does not warrant the accuracy of the information set forth herein, and the same is submitted subject to errors and omissions, and the right of our principal(s) to withdraw, modify or condition the listing without prior notice.
- Other units you might like...
- Available Same Bedrooms Units
- Victor Kom
- (646) 381 - 3739
- Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Email Me