Look no further – the space for your new or existing business is right here! This building has great Victorian-esque character and excellent visibility on two busy avenues in the heart of Jersey City’s Journal Square. The many local residents and pedestrians that use these streets on a daily basis are looking forward to your Grand Opening!
Radius: 1-mile; 3-mile; 5-mile
Population (’09) 80,290 364,092 1,188,028
# Households (’00) 34,400 144,963 528,192
Avg. Household 65,933 $101,497 $121,796
Located on the corner of Fairmount and Monticello Avenues, this property neighbors good company, with the New City Kids Church directly across the street at 240 Fairmount. With a full time support staff dedicated to the success and safety of the area’s children, this organization offers after-school care, a summer camp, and internships, as well as job opportunities and tutoring for the area’s teens. Women Rising, Inc.: Programs for Women and Families is located at 270 Fairmount, its roots in the city going back to 1905 when it began providing housing and programs for women and their families under the Young Women’s Christian Association (Y.W.C.A.). Located at 600 Bergen Street and less than a half-mile away, the Joseph H. Brensinger primary school has 1,253 students enrolled, a significantly higher enrollment than both the district and state averages. Less than a mile west is Lincoln Park, where visitors can enjoy 273 acres of open space, recreation fields, tennis courts, and a lake for ice skating in the winter and recreation in the warmer months. Also within walking distance are several churches, the Y.M.C.A Head Start Center, the Horizon Health Center, Saint Dominic Academy - a women’s college established in 1878 - and Saint Peter’s College, a beautiful campus where approximately 3,000 students attend.
Take the car, ferry, or PATH train less than 10 miles northeast and arrive in the heart of Manhattan. Newark Liberty International Airport is less than 10 miles southwest of the property, and with about a staff of about 24,000, and 33,424,110 passengers flying out of their 425-acre terminal center in 2009, the airport certainly has a positive impact on the economy of the metropolitan New York-New Jersey region. Also nearby are many major routes, with the Pulaski Skyway just north, the New Jersey Turnpike Extension (Interstate-78) just east, and Route 440 just west. This location is central to all these destinations and much more!
- High Profile, 6,600 square foot, two-story mixed-use building
- Great visibility on both Monticello and Fairmount Avenues
- Commercial district allows a wide variety of uses
- Consists of four retail spaces at ground level, ranging from 1,040 to 2,150 square feet, and three recently renovated apartments upstairs
- Retail units have central air-conditioning and gas-fired baseboard heat
- Plenty of on-street parking, pedestrian-friendly area
- 24-hour digital surveillance system
Jersey City is undergoing many changes to its streets and buildings. Pre-war buildings are getting a fresh new look as condominium conversions are popularized, as in the cases of The Vista condos at 118 Corbin Avenue, as well as those at 429 Fairmount Avenue. Newer high-rise developments in the region are also earning prestige as they offer an alternative to the higher price of residences in Manhattan, yet still allowing a short commute into both New York and the center of Jersey City. For example, Crystal Pointe’s 269 upscale units are located right on the Hudson waterfront, offer incredible views of New York City, and are going quickly with well over 60% of their units sold. Other new developments and redevelopments enjoying similar popularity include:
- The Beacon, located at 4 Beacon Way (off Montgomery Street). Historic preservationists have been painstakingly converting the former medical complex into 1,200 luxury condominiums, as well as retail shops to support the needs of an influx of residents.
- Fulton’s Landing, located at 149 Essex Street. Built in 2005, this six-story building offers gourmet kitchens, indoor parking, 24-hour security, and a variety of floor plans. Just steps away from the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail.
- Crescent Court, located at the corner of Merseles and 2nd. Offers free parking for all of the 54 upscale units, as well as views of the NYC skyline and The Statue of Liberty.
- Society Hill, located at Society Hill Drive off Route 440. A gated community bordering Newark Bay with more than 1,400 residences, Society Hill has private clubhouses, pools, tennis courts, and shuttle service.
Enjoy success in a community that continues to develop and improve - welcome to your new commercial space at Jersey City’s 250 Fairmount Avenue!