Location, location! Take your business to a quaint, well kept-street in the center of pedestrian-friendly Harrison, and generate guaranteed exposure to the upper-middle to high income population that resides in one of the many condominiums and single-family homes found there. There are many possiblilities here!
Harrison is a relatively wealthy and sophisticated community that has been able to maintain its suburban character and culture despite the booming development of the majority of its neighboring towns. Only about thirty minutes from Manhattan and one mile to the New England Thruway Interstate 95, it is a highly desireable area that, since 1990, has experienced one of the highest real estate appreciation rates in the United States.
Downtown Harrison Data and Demographics:
- # of Households: 3,483
- People per square mile: 9,092
- Home appreciation rate: 217% (+11.42% since 1990)
- Avg. Household income: $78,615
- Town of Harrison Population Total: 27,472 (+13.7% since 2000)
Purchase is an incorporated hamlet located just north, and is home to State University of New York at Purchase, where about 4,000 students are enrolled, Manhattanville College, with nearly 3,000, as well as many major employers. Corporate headquarters of Fortune 500 companies PepsiCo and Mastercard are only about 5 miles north of this incredible location in downtown Harrison, and they employ approximately 1,500 and 800 people, respectively.
240 Halstead Avenue has earned a “highly walkable” status, earning for itself an 85 walk score out of 100. While the majority of the property’s surroundings consists of residential dwellings, also within walking distance is a spa, Italian restaurant, a coffee shop, nail salon, bar and grill, post office, railroad station, and grocery store. Luxury condominiums and apartments are highly prevalent in the immediate area as well, for instance at Halstead Plaza less than a half-mile away, and just above the units there exists 28 residential condos. There is a harmonious balance between the residential and commercial here on Halstead Avenue, and this unique opportunity allows a potential for success that is hard to match.
- Beautiful and highly visible brick building has 100’ frontage on Halstead Avenue
- Three units, ranging from 328 to 383 square feet
- Hardwood floors, 10’ ceilings
- Extremely pedestrian-friendly locale
- Safe and sophisticated neighborhood
- Just three blocks from Harrison-Metro North Railroad Station
- One mile from I-95
- 28 residences in same building
- Variety of business possibilities
With such a close proximity to Manhattan and all that the City of New York has to offer, yet still allowing the smaller town feel, Harrison will only continue to grow and thrive. In preparation for the anticipated population growth, some areas and effects of development include:
- In August 2010, the town accepted a grant used toward the re-zoning of a parking area near the train station. This is the first step needed to eventually develop the area into residences, retail shops, and a parking garage.
- Proposed development included in the town’s Master Plan will create an estimated 2,400 jobs, resulting in a ripple effect of increased spending and needs for housing in the area.
- Many areas within Harrison and nearby locations in Westchester County are subject to intensive development or redevelopment, as outlined in the Comprehensive Plan 2006 draft. The Town/Village respects the residents’ strong desire to keep the area’s surburban characteristics.
- On a job listing website, 165,000+ employment opportunities were available within a 25 mile radius of Harrison, and with future projects on the horizon, this number will only continue to grow.
Take your business to an educated and successful community that is close to Manhattan, universities, major corporations, and more! Won’t last long, so make the call today!