This amazing spot could be yours, across the street from a popular 69-acre park that is fresh from a recent makeover! This highly desireable Ward One neighborhood in East Orange could greatly benefit from the goods or services your business can offer, and in turn you will benefit from being one of the few retail options in the surrounding area.
Ward One East Orange
Area 1.47 sq. miles 3.9 sq. miles
Population 15,419 69,824
Pop. Density 10,511 17,777
Avg. Detached $297,619 $282,357
Watsessing Park, located just steps away from the front door of this unbelievable location, was designed in 1899 and originally consisted of ten acres that were donated by the city to the Park Commission. It has since grown to 69.67 acres that stretch from East Orange to the city of Bloomfield, and boasts three playgrounds, several high quality ball fields and basketball courts, a bandstand, lawn bowling facility, dog park, senior citizen recreation center, and water access at Toney’s Brook and Second River. The park has recently undergone considerable renovations and improvements very recently, costing Essex County more than $1.4 million, and resulting in a popular destination drawing a large population right past your front door!
Renovations of the park include:
- Installation of synthetic imitation grass on soccer and lacrosse fields, replacing previous fields of natural grass that were in poor condition
- Aesthetic improvements such as wrought iron fencing, streetscape, and entrance beautification
- Revitalization of bandstand, lawn bowling field, walking track, basketball courts, and restrooms
- Pathway and playground improvements
- Community building modernization
Several other destinations visited regularly by the neighborhood ensures high visibility as well. The Franklin Branch of the East Orange Library is moments away at 192 Dodd Street, which shares space with the popular Jersey Explorer’s Museum. The Whitney E. Houston Academy of Creative and Performing Arts is also steps away at 215 Dodd Street, is named for the singer who grew up in East Orange, and has an enrollment of 500 students. Other schools, small groceries, coffee shop, and a florist also operate nearby.
This location is easily accessed via major highways and public transportation, with the Garden State Parkway just a few blocks away. Dodd Street is considered a main route for accessing this highway, which carries approximately 150,000 vehicles per day. The 88 bus to New York City stops just a few blocks away. The East Orange New Jersey Transit Station is just two miles south, and offers Midtown Direct service to Penn Station.
- Retail strip center with four units, totalling 3,264 square feet
- 73 feet road frontage on Dodd Street, 56 feet on Glenwood
- Located on a mixed-use roadway in desireable Ward One neighborhood
- Surrounded by large well-maintained homes
- Neighbors newly-improved 69-acre Watsessing Park
- One restroom per unit
- Alarm system
Don’t let this one pass you by! Call today to learn more!