Here is your chance to bring your business to the most densely populated city in the United States! Guttenberg, New Jersey, just four blocks wide and bordering the west side of the Hudson River directly across from Manhattan, is a wonderful, small, and pedestrian-friendly urban community where your new or existing business is sure to thrive.
Guttenberg Hudson County
Pop. Density 56,012/sq. mile 12,807/sq. mile
# Housing Units 4,650 230,449
Avg. Household 24,100/sq.mile 5,154/sq. mile
Median Household $44,515 $40,293
As of the 2010 census, there were 11,176 people living in Guttenberg, with 36% of its working population commuting daily to New York City. Its status as an excellent commuter town option results from its incredible location less than five miles west of Manhattan, since just two blocks away from 7004-7006 Broadway travellers can catch the 166 New Jersey Transit Bus to the city. Broadway also provides convenient access to State Highway Routes 495, 80, and 78, and, within a short distance the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway.
Major employer and award-winning Palisades Medical Center is just one mile east of the property and has a staff of approximately 854. In 2009, the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services’ Performance ranked the 202-bed facility as #1 in Hudson County for treating heart attack patients and is one of just two New Jersey hospitals to earn a perfect 100% score in its treatment of heart failure cases.
Less than a mile north lies the 167-acre James J. Braddock Park, named after the world heavyweight boxing champion nick-named “Cinderella Man.” The park offers visitors both a tranquil sanctuary and a multitude of recreational options. There are volleyball, handball, shuffleboard, tennis, and basketball courts, and Woodcliffe Lake allows fishing and its surrounding walking paths offer beautiful views. There are also two playgrounds, a 1,000-seat football stadium, and baseball and soccer fields. Broadway is a major route leading to the park’s entrance, allowing additional visibility for your business.
One block away at 301 69th Street is the Anna L. Klein School, which has an enrollment of approximately 980 students and a staff of approximately 75. Several additional schools (Robert Fulton, Harry L. Bain, and schools Number 2 and Number 4, just to name a few) surround the property as well. Also in the immediate vicinity of this “walker’s paradise” are a selection of restaurants, pubs, and coffee shops, a pharmacy, hardware store, deli, and small grocery store.
Property Details and Highlights:
- 7004-7006 is a two-story, mixed-use building totalling 2,500 square feet
- Two retail/commercial units on first level, 575 square feet each
- Two 2-bedroom apartments on second floor
- Location earns a 91 on walkscore.com, and a “walker’s paradise” status
- Adequate restrooms for both retail units
- Street parking allowed and public parking nearby
- Storage and basement access available
- Heaters in each unit, plus hot water baseboard
- Camera security system
Considering the fact that Guttenberg is the most densely populated city in the country, this location on Broadway has the built-in incentive of being able to attract the many residents that make their home within walking distance. Examples of some of the high-quality residential facilities in Guttenberg include:
- Galaxy Towers Condominiums – (0.4 miles away) the largest of New Jersey’s Gold Coast luxury apartment complexes, three 50-story skyscrapers with many of the 1,074 privately-owned units offering a skyline view of Manhattan.
- The Landing at Port Imperial – (1 mile away) also near the banks of the Hudson River, these pet-friendly apartments have 9-foot ceilings, reserved parking, and all the amenities expected of a quality residential complex.
- Jacobs Ferry and Bulls Ferry – (0.5 miles away) approximately 500 luxury waterside townhomes with gardens, pools, tennis courts, and free shuttle to the Port Imperial Ferry terminal.
Situate your business or establishment in the middle of this great small city! This location will always be excellent, but an opportunity like this one won’t last!