With its fantastic location and spectacular floor plans, 1175 Fulton Avenue in the Morrissania neighborhood of South Bronx commands attention from the most selective of apartment home seekers! Read on to find out more about this gem of a residential apartment building.
Neighborhood Stats -
% Change since 2000: 19.7%
% Change since 2010: 1.7%
Median Resident Age: 29 years
Total Households: 45,134
Employment: 71% white collar; 29% blue collar
Fulton Street is a lightly travelled tree-lined, one-way neighborhood street, with parking on both sides. Nearby major roadways include the Bruckner Expressway which is .5 miles to the east, the Major Deegan Expressway which just 1 mile to the west, the Cross Bronx Expressway, which is 2 miles to the north, and Robert F. Kennedy Bridge – accessible just 1 mile to the south.
Public transportation is readily accessible as well, with bus stops a half block away on Boston Road. Just a quarter mile east, the “2” and “5” subway lines are accessible, providing transportation service throughout the Bronx, Manhattan, and Brooklyn.
Two vibrant parks are within three blocks from 1175 Fulton Street – Crotona Park and Claremont Park. Crotona Park offers a lovely setting, featuring 28 species of mature trees, a 3.3 acre lake, 20 tennis courts, 11 playgrounds, barbequing areas, dog-friendly areas, baseball diamonds, and various other recreational destinations. Claremont Park is an idea summer place to be, with a large neighborhood pool being a highlight amongst the park’[s ample green space, gazebos, and athletic facilities.
Also within a short walking distance is a wide variety of daily conveniences, including bodegas, delis, pharmacies, a fitness center, barber shops, restaurants, health care centers, and schools. The closest school is the Author’s Academy which serves Kindergarten through grade 5, and has achieve a “good” to “excellent” school quality rating with regards to student achievement, collaborative teachers, rigorous instruction, and strong family-community ties.
The Morrisania New York Public Library is two blocks away, along with the Bronxcare Martin Luther King Jr. Health Center – a leading major hospital division that has consistently received an “A” rating for providing high quality care.
Fordham Road, the popular epicenter for retail, dining, and shopping in the Bronx, is less than a few miles to the north and is easily accessed via bus along 3rd Avenue.
Along with all the neighborhood perks, 1175 Fulton Avenue offers some stellar building characteristics as well! From one to three bedroom floor plans, there just may be an apartment home available to meet your needs!
- 43 apartments; (31) one bedrooms, (10) two bedrooms, and (2) three bedrooms
- Five-story brick 28,800 square-foot building
- Built circa 1925
- On-site super
- Intercom access system
- Marble and terrazzo common areas
- Hardwood and parquet flooring in apartment homes
- Newer appliances and recently updated kitchens and baths
- Ceramic tile in baths
- Gas ranges
- High ceilings and freshly painted interiors
- Ample closet space
- Large windows, creating bright and cheerful living spaces
A number of community organizations and events round this fantastic location out to make it one to strongly consider as your home. For instance:
- Renaissance Youth Center – offering youths team-building, performance based activities that also encourage development of social and academic skills
- Morrisania Public Library – offering weekly events at no charge, promoting the arts, social activity, education, play, and entertainment
- Unity Park Concert Series – free public concerts in Unity Park, promoting the arts and community involvement in the revitalization of a formerly underused park.
Ready for a fresh start in an exciting location? Consider 1175 Fulton Avenue – you will be glad you did! Call today for more information about this opportunity and others in your area.