Bright and sunshiny retail location in the heart of the commercial district of West New York in New Jersey! The immediate area is growing in population and has an active downtown where many young people come to live, work, and shop on a daily basis.
West New York Population Growth:
2000 Census 2010 Census
Population 45,768 49,708
Population Change +20% +8.6%
Population Density 44,995 49,341
Number Households 16,719 18,852
West New York is a 1.3 square-mile city, located within Hudson County and part of the New York metropolitan area. It is less than five miles from Midtown Manhattan via the Lincoln Tunnel, which is accessible within two miles south. Bergenline Avenue is the main commercial thoroughfare in the city, which is just two blocks west of this location at 5707 Hudson Avenue. This convenient location is just two blocks to a bus stop on 60th Street, providing transportation throughout Hudson County and to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan, and just over a mile from the NY Waterways Port Imperial ferry terminal. Major routes accessible within a few miles are 495, New Jersey Turnpike (Interstate 95), and the Pulaski Skyline.
The retail location at 5707 Hudson Avenue greatly benefits from its “Walker’s Paradise” status on walkscore.com, earned for its close proximity to public transportation, pedestrian-friendly sidewalks, and easy access to many dining and retail options. Within a very short walking distance are several cafés, pubs, and restaurants, parks, a bakery, a Laundromat, grocery store, salons and barber shops, discount store, post office, and endless retail options. The West New York Middle School is one block east and has an enrollment of about 900 students and nearly 100 teachers. The high school is a few steps further and has an enrollment of around 1800 students. The Donnelly Memorial Park is three blocks east and offers playgrounds, a dog park, and views of the Hudson River and Midtown Manhattan.
There are many nearby residential areas that contribute to the Downtown West New York economy. Many of the blocks surrounding Hudson Avenue consist primarily of multi-family residences situated along quiet, well-maintained side streets. Bull’s Ferry and Jacob’s Ferry townhouse community is just west and consists of over 500 newer residences, many offering Manhattan and river views.
Major employer and award-winning Palisades Medical Center is just over one mile away from 5707 Hudson Avenue, and has a staff of approximately 854. In 2009, the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services’ Performance ranked the 202-bed facility as #1 in Hudson County for treating heart attack patients and is one of just two New Jersey hospitals to earn a perfect 100% score in its treatment of heart failure cases.
5707 Hudson Avenue is a mixed-use building with retail units at street level and residential units located on the upper floors. It is just two blocks from the primary shopping thoroughfare Bergenline Avenue, and is surrounded by a variety of retail and dining options, schools, and religious institutions, as well as densely populated residential housing.
- Five-story brick mixed-use retail and residential building
- Three sizeable retail units at street level, residences on upper levels
- Noticeable signage opportunities
- Bright and inviting glass storefronts
- Located in busy retail hub and close to densely populated residential areas
- Frontage on both Hudson Avenue and 57th Street
- “Walker’s Paradise” (97 out of 100) on walkscore.com
- One block to bus stop, ferry and Lincoln Tunnel within a couple miles
- Street parking available
- Schools, athletic fields with well-attended events, religious institutions, and dining options within a couple blocks
The Town of West New York has organized and budgeted several capital improvements within 5707 Hudson Avenue’s immediate area fairly recently. An ordinance dated September 21, 2011 outlined the following projects:
- Construction and reconstruction of several nearby streets, including 57th Street, Hudson Avenue, JFK Boulevard East, Bergenline, and Palisade Avenues
- Playground, plumbing, and dog park repairs and addition of new dog park at Donnelly Memorial Park
- Purchase of a heavy-duty street sweeper
- Waterproofing and repairs at Hudson Hall
Great things are possible at this spectacular corner location! Call to see about possible leasing opportunities today!