Your opportunity awaits! The Central Avenue neighborhood in East Orange welcomes new establishments and offers incentives to business owners operating there. Just 25 minutes via train to Manhattan and part of the Urban Enterprise Zone, this business district has just the location and benefits you have been looking for.
Orange City Demographics:
- Population – 69,824
- People per Square Mile – 17,766
- Number of Households – 26,024
- Households per Square Mile – 7,248
- Avg. Home Sale Price - $122,000
East Orange can offer affordable housing and low cost of living to its residents, despite its close proximity to New York City. Access to the Garden State Parkway is just a half block away, and Route 280 is easily accessible as well, bringing commuters to major routes Interstate 95 (New Jersey Turnpike), 495, and the Lincoln Tunnel. This convenient site is just a half mile south of the East Orange train station, owned by New Jersey Transit and offering Midtown Direct service to Penn Station.
The East Orange General Hospital is the closest large facility in the immediate area, and has 211 beds and 355 employees. Also within a short walking distance are several well patronized restaurants, a coffee shop, East Orange Public Library, Elmwood Park, small grocery, gas station, and pharmacies. Not only is 225-231 Central Avenue close to all these popular destinations, but also has excellent visibility with 100+ feet along a busy four-lane street en route to the major highways.
The City of East Orange participates in New Jersey’s Urban Enterprise Zone (UEZ) program, which is a great incentive for the business owners that opt in, as well as their patrons and community. Tax credits and discounted sales tax on qualifying purchases for the business are offered to participants, and shoppers can enjoy half off the regular 7% sales tax on all purchases. The sales tax collected are allocated for the improvements within the district, and to date the UEZ has approved $590 million in projects revitalizing business districts, such as here on Central Avenue.
- Located on busy 4-lane street with great access to major highways
- Four units, totalling 2,850 square feet
- 100+ feet frontage on Central Avenue, 32 feet on Watson Avenue
- Ample street parking
- Great tenant history
- Gas hot water baseboard heat, and air conditioning available
- One restroom per unit
- Located in Urban Enterprise Zone, allowing several opportunites for tax breaks
With all that the surrounding area has to offer as well as its close proximity to Manhattan, East Orange is certainly living up to their motto that they are “The City on the Move.” With so many newer residences offering affordable housing, the need for a variety in goods and services is also rising. Some recent developments in the vicinity of 225-231 Central Avenue include:
- The Grand on Park, offering 70 luxurious units at a very reasonable monthly rate, with a pool, gated parking, shuttle service, fitness room, and much more, all included.
- The Woodlands at Apsala, just north on Prospect Avenue has a total of 68 upscale single-family homes and townhomes in a charming neighborhood setting.
- Harrison Park Towers, just west on South Harrison, is 21 stories high with 293 apartments, with portions overlooking Orange Park and the Manhattan skyline.
Drafted in 2006, the city’s Master Plan envisioned East Orange moving forward for a revitalized tomorrow, and much progress has already been made since. Call today to see what else this “City on the Move” can offer you and your business!