Everything you are looking for in your new home can be found here at 561 West 186th Street in Inwood! Spacious floor plans and situated in a highly walkable neighborhood, and convenient to everything! Your new home awaits!
Transit Access and Walkscores:
- 98 Walkscore - “Walker’s Paradise”
- 97 Transit Score – “Rider’s Paradise”
- 79 Biker’s Score – “Very Bikeable”
- 1 Broadway-7 Avenue Local - .2 miles
- Hudson - .6 miles
- A8 Avenue Express - .4 miles
- C8 Avenue Local - .9 miles
561 West 186th Street is conveniently located within a pleasant Washington Heights neighborhood. Access to the George Washington Bridge, Harlem River Drive, New Jersey Turnpike and the Henry Hudson Parkway are all within one mile. Subway lines A&C and #1 make multiple stops along Broadway (three blocks away) and Saint Nicholas Avenue (half a block away), and bus service is easily accessible as well.
A major point of interest, Yankee Stadium, is just two miles away – easily catch a game after work or over the weekend! Many parks, retail shopping destinations, restaurants, schools, and universities are spotted throughout the immediate area as well. On bustling Saint Nicholas Avenue, residents enjoy immediate access to a Rite Aid Pharmacy, delis, dry cleaners, nail salon, barber, fast food restaurants, and many retail locations. Your choice of supermarkets, banks, and fine dining options are within a very short distance as well.
The nearest school is PS 48, which is just two short blocks away on Broadway. The school’s quality snapshot, published on NYC Department of Education, displays strengths in rigorous instruction, teacher collaboration, and in providing a supportive environment for students.
Harlem River Park is the closest park, which is just a short two block walk away from your building. There is a large playground and plenty of green space, as well as the beautiful Harlem River Waterfront walkway. The park spans 20 acres and offers many pedestrian and bicyclist greenways and esplanades, and recent investments in the shorelines, park access points, lighting, landscaping, and recreational facilities ensure a welcoming and enjoyable environment for the park’s visitors.
West 186th Street is a pleasant city street with immediate access to all your day-to-day needs. The street is tree-lined and well-maintained, and cheerful hand-painted murals grace the exterior of a building at the corner of St. Nicholas Avenue and W 186th. The area is amply lit and sidewalks are wide, clean, and easy to navigate. This location has it all!
Building Specifications and Highlights:
- Brick five-story walk up building
- 19,100 square feet
- 21 residences
- Large double pane windows
- Bright, spacious living spaces
- Tiled showers, ceramic tile flooring in baths
- Wood refinished flooring
- Freshly painted interiors
- Three and Four bedroom apartments
- Fully-applianced kitchens with gas ranges
- Washer/dryers included in select apartments
- Parks, shopping, restaurants, and schools short distance away
Harlem River Park has seen many improvements and renovations in recent years, making this building’s location even more valuable. The Harlem River Park Taskforce has been invaluable in providing the park the publicity and financial support it needed to become the superb destination that it is today. “Before and After” photos are striking, and can be viewed on the Harlem River Park Taskforce’s website. Some the park’s recent milestones and achievements include:
- Local artist displays in the form of murals, steel plaques, and banners
- Improvements to intersections leading to park and pedestrian access points
- “City of Water Day” brought the community together with food vendors, music, fishing, and art exibits
- Shoreline cleanup days
- General reconstruction of river edge, landscaping, benches, bike lanes, children’s spray shower, decorative accents, and lawns
This ideal location could have an available home for you! Call today to learn more!