Incredible location in the heart of the one and only, progressively cultural Washington Heights! The five-story residential building located at 620 West 182nd Street enjoys the best of both worlds - a quiet, residential side street that is just over a block away from the best dining, retail, and services the neighborhood has to offer!
Zip Code 10033 at a Glance:
Median Age     32.6
Avg. Home Value   $160,000
Avg. Household Income $46,358
Accessibility to and from 620 West 182nd is superb, with the 1 Train available just a short block southeast, at the corner of West 181st Street and Saint Nicholas Avenue. The A train is available a few blocks west on Fort Washington Avenue. Bus stops are conveniently placed as well, offering stops throughout the area, the closest being just south on Wadsworth Avenue. Major routes providing excellent accessibility to and from this location are Riverside Drive and the Henry Hudson Parkway to the west and Harlem River Drive and Major Deegan Expressway to the east.
This site enjoys urban living at its absolute best, with convenient transit, one-of-a-kind shopping options, and this residential street offering a particularly peaceful way to start and end the day. Apartment windows at this location provide views of mature trees - a luxury not all city residents can enjoy - and handsome and well-maintained brick buildings located across the one-way street.
All of Washington Heights’ highlights are within a few short blocks – Saint Nicholas Avenue, offering its vibrant atmosphere and eclectic shops is accessible within moments, Broadway is just west, and Amsterdam Avenue’s retail corridor can be found a few blocks east. On an average day, pedestrians can enjoy farm stands offering fresh fruit and vegetables, choose from endless dining options that serve within these few blocks, and shop with locally-based vendors or brand name retailers.
A couple blocks to the west is Riverside Drive with river views of the Hudson. Fort Washington Park is located just a few blocks west and boasts 182 acres of playing courts and fields, historical landmarks, Manhattan’s only lighthouse, The Little Red Lighthouse, and great views of the Hudson River and Palisade Mountains.
Fort Tryon Park is just a short distance away as well, containing one of the highest points in Manhattan as well as the magnificent and very popular Cloisters, a branch of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and official New York City landmark that houses art and relics from medieval times. The building was reconstructed in the 1930’s from salvaged materials taken from several European abbeys and is truly a work of art in and of itself. The park also offers great vistas because of its elevation, as well as playgrounds, gardens, and historical landmarks. The surrounding area, as a whole, offers the plentiful green space and river views that are common for Washington Heights – there’s not another place like it in the world!
Building Data and Highlights:
- Five-story, walk-up residential building with fire escapes
- Sixteen apartments, individually metered, with large, operable windows
- Quiet, residential side street with immediate access to several commercial centers
- 1 Train accessible within one block and the A train access located within a few blocks
- Apartments feature varying finishes (depending on length of current residency), including parquet wood and tile flooring, spacious rooms with closet space, and tiled-wall in the bathrooms
- Location earns 97 out of a perfect 100 on Walkscore.com and is described as a “Walker’s Paradise”
The closest college is Yeshiva University, established in 1886. The nearby campus is located on Audubon Avenue, just a couple blocks from 620 West 182nd. Some notable information about the private university follows:
- 4,714 in the Academic staff
- 3,017 Undergraduate students
- 3,496 Graduate students
- Combines Jewish scholarship with studies in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies and education, and psychology
- Over the course of its over 122-year operation, the college has expanded to more than 20 schools and other affiliated institutions
620 West 182nd could easily be the heart of this active and vibrant Washington Heights neighborhood. Inquire about these phenomenal residences today, and make it your new home tomorrow!