We proudly present 2555 Grand Concourse, a mixed-use, residential and commercial building located on the most famous street in the Bronx! With park space, transportation, and opportunity galore all nearby, this site is the Bronx at its very best!
Bronx Population Trends (2000-2016)
2000 2011 Est. 2016 Est.
Population 1,332,650 1,392,102 1,420,123
% Change 10.70% 4.46% 2.01%
Grand Concourse is a major north-south connector in the borough, giving this building convenient centralized access to everything! The Fordham Road train station is only two blocks south, at the intersection of Fordham Road and Grand Concourse. The station offers service by the B and D lines, serving approximately 3,655,000 passengers in 2012. Bus lines are immediately accessible as well, and with a bus stop right next door, you will be on your way to your next destination in no time!
The site also has easy access to Interstate 87, which is just a couple miles west, and another major highway, Bronx River Parkway is a short distance east. Traffic flows easily to and from this site on Grand Concourse, and much has been done in recent years to improve the street's appearance and safety features, decrease vehicular speeds, and make it generally more pedestrian-friendly. These new improvements highly benefit both the retail and residential occupants of 2555 Grand Concourse.
Just around the corner on Creston Avenue is Saint James Park, which offers more than 11 acres of green space and recreational activities. The park hosts regular events such as plays, fitness programs, and art exhibits, and features playgrounds, miles of paths for jogging and walking, dog-friendly areas, tennis courts, and a recreation and computer resource center. Current and future residents of 2555 Grand Concourse can enjoy all this right in their backyard! Additionally, the five retail spaces that operate here can count on the additional foot traffic coming and going to and from this active and historic park.
The immediate area is a mix of commercial and residential buildings, and 2555 Grand Concourse fits right in by having street level retail shops and services and apartments on the upper floors. The site earns a perfect 100 on Walkscore.com, based on its extremely pedestrian friendly nature, as well as its access to superb restaurants, friendly service providers, and excellent transportation. Not to mention the Fordham Road, the Bronx’s premier shopping district – and New York City’s 3rd busiest – is accessible within minutes. The first major intersection just south of this great spot on Grand Concourse brings you straight to it!
2555 Grand Concourse consists of three five-story multi-family buildings with 7,100 square feet of retail space on the street level. Residents and business owners occupying space here can take advantage of the close proximity of great neighbors like Dunkin’ Donuts, small grocery stores, beauty salons, convenience stores, financial institutions, a laundromat, and so much more. The closest school, PS 246 Poe Center, is less than a quarter mile away.
Property Data and Highlights:
- Constructed in 1919, and historically featuring some of the best amenities in all of New York City (i.e. first to incorporate private plumbing and central heating)
- Breezeways between buildings allow for generous windows and optimal light
- Separate utilities for all apartments
- Secure intercom buzzer system
- Apartments feature sheetrock walls and beautiful hardwood flooring
- Building features stairwells and tile and metal stairways
- Street-level retail consists of five units, ranging from approximately 1,100 to 1,800 square feet
- Apartments have been updated as they become available, featuring newly painted walls, refinished hardwood floors, new baseboard and window trim, updated kitchens and baths, and bright, spacious rooms
- Site enjoys close proximity to excellent shopping options and transportation, earning a 100 on walkscore.com
In the continuing efforts to revitalize the Bronx, its busiest street has undergone a considerable project to improve the safety and accessibility for its vehicles and pedestrians. This project consists of the following efforts:
- Increased crossing time for pedestrians, along with the installation of thermoplastic pavement markings and 25 additional electronic crossing signals
- Improved and simplified directional signs
- Refurbished Yield, One Way, School Crossing and Stop signs, as well as improved crosswalks
- 3,750 feet of pedestrian separators have been installed
- Modification of turn signal phases, adding left turn signals, based on intensive research of traffic patterns
2555 Grand Concourse in the Bronx – a splendid place to live and operate business. Come take a look for yourself today!