Take your business where loads of subway commuters will be passing right by your front door! The steps of the 21st Street-Queensbridge station bring these passengers within immediate view of your retail or establishment storefront. This great corner location in the Long Island City section of Queens is also in the vicinity of great schools, Silvercup Studios, and highly populated residential housing.
Long Island City Queens
Population 30,718   2,308,497
% Change 9%; 3.6%
Pop. Density 14,308/sq.mile 20,409/sq.mile
This site has such incredible location, with 59th Street (Queensborough) Bridge – offering direct access to Manhattan – just a half mile west, and the 21st Street-Queensbridge subway station’s steps leading right up to its front doors. This station, part of the New York subway system that services a total of approximately 5 million passengers per weekday, serviced 2,653,708 passengers in 2010, a drastic 12.7% increase from the year before. The Long Island Expressway (Interstate 495) can be accessed just one mile south, providing transport to an annual average of 74,800 travellers daily. The area is excellent for pedestrians with so much public transportation, employment, and residential options just steps from the property. Project plans are underway for converting the upper floors, previously used for light manufacturing, into commercial office space.
Neighboring directly west is New York City Housing Authority’s Queensbridge Housing, North America’s largest public housing development. The 3,142-unit complex first opened in 1939 and today houses approximately 6,900 people. Many of the apartments have recently renovated kitchens and bathrooms, and there are newer intercom systems and rebuilt elevators. This retail/commercial location offers convenient goods and services to this highly populated area, and one of these profiting businesses could be yours!
Just around the corner on 22nd Street is Silvercup Studios, the largest independent full-service production facility in the northeast. Many popular television series are taped here, for example, The Sopranos, Mad Men, Ugly Betty, and Gossip Girl, and motion pictures The Devil Wears Prada, Gangs of New York, and Meet the Parents were all shot at this location. Music videos by artists such as Madonna, Whitney Houston, Justin Timberlake, and Britney Spears have been filmed and produced at Silvercup, as well as over 400 commercials each year. Your business will be just steps away from this hub of entertainment activity, and is likely to be seen by celebrities en route to these studios!
LaGuardia Community College, the third largest community college in the City University of New York (CUNY) system is less than one mile east. The college has an enrollment of 17,028 and granted 1,707 degrees the 2008-09 school year. Also in the vicinity are theaters, museums, parks and playgrounds, restaurants, book and discount stores, specialty shops, delis, grocery stores, and much more.
Property Details and Highlights:
- Highly visible corner location
- 187.5 feet frontage on busy 21st Street, 67.5 feet on 41st Avenue
- Immediate proximity to subway stop 21st Street-Queensbridge
- Plans underway to convert unused upper floors into commercial office space
- Direct access to Manhattan via 59th Street (Queensborough) Bridge
- Many residential complexes prominent in immediate area
- Public parking nearby and pedestrian-friendly sidewalks
- Site allows for a wide range of commercial opportunities
- Nearly 40,000 square foot, four-story building
- Six units, totalling 7,850 square feet leaseable retail space
The Long Island City section of Queens’ residential development has been increasing rapidly over recent years, transforming the area’s largely industrial landscape. Some well-known Manhattan developers have taken interest in the area and are redeveloping some of the unused factories, as well as constructing new high-rises along the East River waterfront. Examples of these projects include:
- Hunter’s Point South: up to 5,000 housing units, targeted at middle-income households, situated on approximately 30 acres of waterfront property.
- Residential developer Rockrose has plans to build up to 3,300 condominium units, a major project that will take several stages to complete. For instance, The Club by Rockrose, just 1.5 miles south on Vernon Boulevard, offers 31 stories of luxury residences with East River and Manhattan views.
- Queens West Six and Seven: Major development of seven residential buildings mixed with retail and office space, situated on a 22-acre former industrial site, offering 965 units and 1,159,000 square feet of living space.
What an ideal opportunity with a subway station right outside, and the pedestrian traffic is ever-increasing! This rapidly developing Long Island City neighborhood needs your business, so call today!
Please note that without a valid APPOINTMENT AUTHORIZATION#,
the space cannot be shown to you.
Please take a moment to request the appointment and we will assist in
setting this up for you and issuing you an APPOINTMENT #
By presenting the information set forth herein, Heights Real Estate Company, LLC makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including without limitation, the condition or manner of construction of the property offered, conditions considered latent or patent, compliance with local law, and environmental conditions. Heights Real Estate Company, LLC . does not warrant the accuracy of the information set forth herein, and the same is submitted subject to errors and omissions, and the right of our principal(s) to withdraw, modify or condition the listing without prior notice.