3162-3180 Lake Road
Unit:ST3 Horseheads, NY 14845-3103
Btwn Fairview Rd & Latta Brook Industrial Park Road, Elmira
Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Building Name
- 3162-3180 Lake Road
- Horseheads, NY 14845-3103
- Cross Street
- Btwn Fairview Rd & Latta Brook Industrial Park Road
- Web ID
- Approx. Sq. Ft
- Ceiling Height
- Building Name
- Lake Hills Plaza
- Lake Plaza in Horseheads is full of opportunity! Located on a main route leading to and from Elmira, this sprawling shopping plaza has fantastic visibility for the many commuters heading to and from their place of work. The location also has great potential to be the day-to-day shopping destination for residents of both Horseheads and nearby Elmira.
Area Population and Household Statistics (2010):
Area 16.73 sq. miles 7.32 sq. miles
Population 19,904 28,333
# Households 8,030 11,569
Avg. HHold Income $59,165 $43,602
Lake Plaza has easy access to major routes 17, 223, 13, and 14. New York State Route 17, also known in the area as the Southern Tier Expressway (Interstate 86), is an east-to-west highway that according to the New York State Department of Transportation carries an average of nearly 30,000 vehicles per day.
Horseheads takes a significant role in Chemung County’s active economy, especially within the industrial sector. For example, just an eight of a mile west is Hardinge Inc., a manufacturer of a wide range of turning, milling, and grinding solutions and employer of over 1,100 people. A few miles further west is Schweizer Aircraft Corporation, employing another 750.
A few miles south, Lake Street becomes Madison Avenue, leading directly to St. Joseph’s Hospital, another major employer within the area that provides about 1,500 jobs. Elmira College is also nearby, with an enrollment of 1,135 students and recently ranking third in US News and World Report’s “Great Colleges, Great Prices” category, and sixth among the Best Baccalaureate Colleges in the North.
Horseheads Village is a welcoming community with a variety of events and nearby attractions that create traffic. This is considered a gateway to the Finger Lakes region, with access to all the fantastic wineries and other enjoyments found there. Some of the area’s wines are served at many of Horseheads’ numerous fine restaurants located just north along Route 17 and in that vicinity. The Horseheads Parks and Recreation Department maintains 8 village and 4 town parks. Teal Park, just north on South Main Street, is a picturesque retreat and home of the Teal Park Concert Series held every Thursday evening during summer. Fall festivities include the Harvest Festival and Chili and Chocolate Cook-off, and a nice mix of hometown events occur throughout the rest of the year as well.
Several well-established businesses are in the immediate area, all enjoying the broad customer base and pleasant surroundings. L. Werninck’s, an appliance and furniture store whose service has spanned generations, is just opposite Lake Street. Other area tenants include Auto Zone, Dollar General, Elmira Fitness Center, Kost Tire, Aldi, and Meineke service center.
Property Features and Highlights:
- Expansive, highly visible shopping center with a total of 140,678 square feet
- Eight versatile units, parking for about 540 cars
- Adequate lighting and two metal post signs along Lake Road
- Flexibility in square footage to suite your needs – currently units range from 1,200 to 88,000 square feet, with many sizes in between
- Electric service ranges from 125-amp to 1,600-amp
- Ceilings up to 18 feet
- Incredible potential here for either a retail giant or locally-based business
- Access to a wide customer base
- Most spaces include adequate stockrooms, restrooms, and all are seperately metered
- Gas-fired heating and cooling
- Loading docks
- Thorough renovations to building and parking lots
There is a mix of programs and resources available in Horseheads that assist area business owners in reaching their goals. Some examples and brief descriptions of these are:
- Low-interest loan programs – offered to Village of Horseheads and Elmira’s expanding businesses meeting eligibility requirements
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority – low interest loans and grants available to business owners dedicated to becoming more energy-efficient
- Corning Small Business Development Center – has worked directly with 9,815 businesses, assisting them with locating financing, marketing tips, and overall success, free of charge, since 1987
Call today to find out which space will work best for you. A fine neighborhood with money to spend wants to see what you have to offer!
Please note that without a valid APPOINTMENT AUTHORIZATION#,
the space cannot be shown to you.
Please take a moment to request the appointment and we will assist in
setting this up for you and issuing you an APPOINTMENT #
By presenting the information set forth herein, Heights Real Estate Company, LLC makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including without limitation, the condition or manner of construction of the property offered, conditions considered latent or patent, compliance with local law, and environmental conditions. Heights Real Estate Company, LLC . does not warrant the accuracy of the information set forth herein, and the same is submitted subject to errors and omissions, and the right of our principal(s) to withdraw, modify or condition the listing without prior notice.
- Other units you might like...
- Available Same Bedrooms Units
- Victor Kom
- (646) 381 - 3699
- Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Email Me