This retail location on a bustling intersection in Irvington, New Jersey’s business district has it all – location, visibility, and plenty of traffic! The site has great tenant history, and is only a couple blocks from the Garden State Parkway and the popular Garden State Chancellor Park.
Irvington Information and Demographics (2010 census):
- Area: 3 square miles
- Population: 53,926
- People Per Square Mile: 20,528
- Number of Households: 22,032
The Garden State Parkway can be easily accessed in a few short blocks, in either direction - just northeast is the Exit 143 ramp, or just southwest is Exit 142C. This section of the highway is eight lanes wide and carries an estimated 185,000 vehicles per day. Interstate 78 also runs just south of this location in Irvington, and allows convenient access to Newark Liberty International Airport, Jersey City, and Manhattan. Public transportation in Irvington is also an important asset, and New Jersey Transit bus routes and taxi service runs daily throughout the city. Metro North Railroad has a station on Irvington’s Astor Street, and is 22.7 miles to Grand Central.
Major employers are located in the surrounding area as well. Newark Liberty International Airport is just 5.9 miles east and employs a staff of about 24,000 at its 425-acre terminal, and in 2009 served an estimated 33.5 million travelers. It is contributing considerably and positively to the New Jersey-New York metropolitan area’s economy, producing approximately $18.5 billion in economic activity and $6.7 billion in paid wages and salaries. Just one block away is the Union Avenue Middle School, which has approximately 800 students. Irvington General Hospital is just steps away at 832 Chancellor Avenue, employs a staff of about 800, and is a 146-bed facility specializing in a wide variety of quality care.
The 12-acre Chancellor Park and Playground is also just steps away from this excellent location, and is the largest park in Irvington. While the park is open to the public, it is also used extensively for school-related sport activities and has tennis and basketball courts, and baseball and soccer fields. Any traffic headed here is sure to notice your storefront and the goods or services you are offering. Also within walking distance are restaurants, specialty shops, various grocery stores, a book store, deli, pharmacy, and discount store.
- High visibility at a busy intersection on mixed-use Chancellor Avenue
- 100 feet of frontage on Chancellor, 100 feet on Union Avenue
- Adequate on-street parking
- 8,196 square foot building with partial basement and storage area
- Five retail units
- Great tenant history
- 2-fixture restroom per unit
- Gas-fired baseboard heat and wall air-conditioning units
- Security system
In Irvington’s recent efforts to modernize and improve its city, participation in the Urban Enterprise Zone (UEZ) has been invaluable in achieving this. Some additional goals and efforts, as outlined in Irvington’s Proposed Master Plan of 2002, include:
- To take advantage of neighboring Newark’s boosted economy by attracting entrepreneurs, stabilizing the real estate market, and building a better quality of life for residents.
- The UEZ continues to provide incentives and technical support to existing businesses, establish Special Improvement Districts within the city, and contribute toward the funding of improvement projects.
- Updated zoning with plans to stabilize and strengthen residential neighborhoods, business districts, and revitalize areas as needed.
- Organized maintenance and improvement of utilities, roadways, schools, fire and police departments, and parks.
- The Historic Preservation element aims to protect the city’s historic buildings and neighborhoods.
This opportunity on busy Chancellor Avenue invites you to grow with Irvington as it continues its path of further growth and revitalization. The pedestrian and street traffic is already highly prevalent, so don’t miss another day of potential business!
Please note that without a valid APPOINTMENT AUTHORIZATION#,
the space cannot be shown to you.
Please take a moment to request the appointment and we will assist in
setting this up for you and issuing you an APPOINTMENT #
By presenting the information set forth herein, Heights Real Estate Company, LLC makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including without limitation, the condition or manner of construction of the property offered, conditions considered latent or patent, compliance with local law, and environmental conditions. Heights Real Estate Company, LLC . does not warrant the accuracy of the information set forth herein, and the same is submitted subject to errors and omissions, and the right of our principal(s) to withdraw, modify or condition the listing without prior notice.