40-50 4th Avenue
Unit:ST4 East Orange, NJ 07017-5326
North 17th Street, East Orange
Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Building Name
- 40-50 4th Avenue
- East Orange, NJ 07017-5326
- Cross Street
- North 17th Street
- East Orange
- Web ID
- Approx. Sq. Ft
- Unit Amenities
- All utilities are NOT included in rent
- Ceiling Height
- Attention profit-seeking business owners! An affordable operating location is now available, and is perfect for anyone looking to take advantage of its convenient location and truly versatile space.
A bright glass storefront leads into this approximately 700 square-foot retail unit. Its layout is fairly narrow with a 58-foot length and additional basement access that gives you all the space you need. An adequate space heater in the front room keeps a comfortable temperature and ceiling fixtures provide plenty of light, making this inviting spot one that customers are likely to return to. The tiled flooring and simple rectangular floor plan is easy to maintain, and the recently-renovated rest room is conveniently located between the front retail floor area and the rear stockroom or office. This back room allows paperwork to be filed appropriately and phone calls to remain private. The basement, where secure storage is available, is also accessed here, as well as a rear exit, which makes receiving shipments a breeze.
This is one retail unit that could easily be further enhanced and personalized according to your personal taste and business’ theme. Ideal uses for this space include a gift or specialty shop, liquor store, clothing or accessory boutique, deli, or a beauty/nail salon.
- Building Name
- Fourth Avenue Heights Associates LLC
- Building Amenities
- Camera Security system, High visibility location, Street And Public Parking Nearby
- Here you have it – a quaint, pedestrian friendly street where you can operate alongside neighborhood shops, restaurants, schools, and single and multi-family homes. This fantastic, densely-populated community in East Orange is looking for new and exciting business just like yours, so don’t let this chance pass you by!
East Orange Essex County
Area 3.9 sq. miles 136 sq. miles
Population 69,824 793,633
Pop. Density 17,766/sq. mile 6,285/sq. mile
# of Households 26,024 283,736
There is great access to major highways and public transportation from this convenient location on Fourth Avenue. The Garden State Parkway is less than a mile west, has six lanes, and approximately 150,000 vehicles travel along this particular section each day. Interstate 280 is less than two miles south, alternates between six and eight lanes, and carries an estimated 90,000 vehicles each day. The recently renovated East Orange New Jersey Transit Station can be accessed within just five minutes, and offers Midtown Direct service to Penn Station in Midtown Manhattan. The station’s $2.9 million in upgrades began in 2004, and included improvements to its accessibility, as well as its viaduct system. East Orange also has many bus routes provided by New Jersey Transit and Coach USA, allowing passengers access to points surrounding and throughout the city.
There are many popular destinations in the immediate vicinity as well. The Fourth Avenue School is located at 199 4th Avenue and has an enrollment of about 305 students. Also close by are several pizzerias, coffee shops, restaurants, boutiques, and small groceries. Less than two miles east in neighboring Newark is the 360 acres of ponds, lakes, and streams, playing fields, trails, and more than 4,000 cherry trees known as Branch Brook Park. Spanning nearly four miles, the park opened in 1896 and is listed on both the New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places.
This location on 4th Avenue is surrounded by many larger, well-maintained homes, which have property values that make home ownership attainable. Just two blocks away is Ampere Plaza, where there is a wide selection of affordable apartments.
With Manhattan less than 20 miles away and considering all the opportunities found there, the lower cost of living in East Orange certainly makes the area an attractive one to settle down in. Other major employers have an even shorter commuting time. For example, New Jersey’s largest employer with a staff of approximately 8,000 is Continental Airlines, which is located at Newark Liberty International Airport and is just eight miles south. In 2003 the United States Census reported East Orange itself has nearly 500 businesses that altogether employed approximately 9,000 people. Programs such as the city’s involvement in the Urban Enterprise Zone offers incentives for businesses and their patrons, which adds to the economic prosperity and development of the area.
- Highly visible strip center on mixed-use, nicely maintained street
- Located in a densely populated, primarily residential area
- Nearly 133 feet of frontage on 4th Avenue
- Nine units, recently renovated and totalling 8,350 square feet
- Easy access to major routes and highways
- Street and public parking nearby
- All utilities available, and one restroom per unit
- Camera security system
The city’s Master Plan, drafted in 2006, focuses on improving many aspects of East Orange’s economy, housing, and culture. Examples of these elements in include:
- Updated Zoning, offering a user friendly process for developers, and establishing guidelines for concientious building, adequate parking, and pleasing design concepts.
- With the high percentage of renters in the city, efforts are being made to promote homeownership and continue residential rehabilitation projects, especially in properties that are vacant or underutilized.
- Considering the city’s close proximity to large cities, the Newark Airport, and many employment opportunities, the planned development surrounding the train stations and other public transportation hubs is another plan to ensure further economic development and create more local jobs.
- The recently introduced Arts District on Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd. has received a Smart Growth Grant to assist in redevelopment efforts, and future plans include performance art spaces, artist studios and housing, and improved sidewalks.
East Orange calls itself a “City on the Move,” and asks that your business join in its journey. Affordability, incredible location, and success can be yours – Call Today!
Please note that without a valid APPOINTMENT AUTHORIZATION#,
the space cannot be shown to you.
Please take a moment to request the appointment and we will assist in
setting this up for you and issuing you an APPOINTMENT #
By presenting the information set forth herein, Heights Real Estate Company, LLC makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including without limitation, the condition or manner of construction of the property offered, conditions considered latent or patent, compliance with local law, and environmental conditions. Heights Real Estate Company, LLC . does not warrant the accuracy of the information set forth herein, and the same is submitted subject to errors and omissions, and the right of our principal(s) to withdraw, modify or condition the listing without prior notice.
- Other units you might like...
- Available Same Bedrooms Units
- Victor Kom
- (646) 381 - 3693
- Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Email Me