578 Nepperhan Avenue
Unit:C20 Yonkers, NY 10701-6600
Between Lake Ave & Orchard Ave, Yonkers
Call for Prices
Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Building Name
- 578 Nepperhan Avenue
- Yonkers, NY 10701-6600
- Cross Street
- Between Lake Ave & Orchard Ave
- Web ID
- Call for Prices
- Approx. Sq. Ft
- Ceiling Height
- Unit C20 is a 2,623 SQ FT creative/industrial space at YOHO available for artist, retail or office use. Call or email today for more information or to book an appointment to view the space.
- Building Name
- The YOHO Center for the Arts
- Incredible industrial space in actively producing Nepperhan/Sawmill Valley! Join some of the best in the manufacturing business, in an area that has been a center for industry throughout Yonkers’ history. Blending the natural features of this former carpet manufacturing building with modern amenities and functionality allows for an industrial product that is in a class of its own.
Area Statistics (’09):
1-mile 3-miles 5-miles
53,299 195,733 795,862
Daytime Population 43,112 151,497 635,078
Avg. Household Income $63,235 $87,680 $82,712
The Nepperhan Business Center’s position on the Saw Mill River, with the Hudson River close by, provides for its tenants prime location. Yonkers has long nurtured her accessibility to and from New York City, and the immediate proximity to the train and water ferry system certainly are effective in making this possible. The Glenwood and Greystone train stations are nearby, and express bus service from MTA and Bee Line can be accessed right in front of the building. The facility’s ease of access allows shipping and receiving to be incredibly simple as well.
Industry has shaped Yonkers’ economy and has provided the city with employment since the nineteenth century, when Alexander Smith and Sons Carpet Mills began manufacturing carpets, as well as the looms on which they were weaved, right here at this complex. The entire complex consisted of 38 sprawling acres with more than 40 buildings contributing. At the peak of production the facility was the largest carpet manufacturer in the world, employed more than 7,000 people, and required wool from 15,000 sheep each day. As a result of all its success and contribution to the area’s economy, these formidable structures at 540 and 578 Nepperhan Avenue have been listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Yonkers intends to continue the industrial tradition here in the Valley and remains competitive in the industrial marketplace. While the area lacks the available land to allow for newly-constructed facilities, much creative redesigning and redevelopment amounting to several million dollars has taken place here at 540 and 578 Nepperhan Avenue, providing these buildings with new purpose. The opportunity and potential available for the diverse set of businesses and industries needing finished, affordable space benefits the city as well, as vacant, unusable buildings are transformed into commerce-creating hubs of activity. You will see, as have many of the tenants operating here currently, the affordability and functionality available here is better than new!
Current warehouse, manufacturing, and light industrial tenants leasing here at the Nepperhan Business Center are attracted to the location and availability of flexible and divisible space within the industrial district. Examples of the numerous and highly diverse tenants operating here currently or in recent years include Valenti Neckwear Company, Inc., Kettles and Company, Inc., various piano restoration and manufacturing companies, Waterbed Access, Inc., Edin Adanalic (vending machine manufacturer), Dayleen Intimates, Inc., Air Engineering Filter Products, Victor Rothman for Stained Glass, and many others. The upper floors of 540 and 578 Nepperhan Avenue consist of offices and YoHo Artist Studios, the wide range of tenants working here providing evidence of the buildings’ extraordinary features and diversifiable space.
Current and previous owners of the property have upgraded and renovated throughout the building, inside and out, with focus on making good use of the bright natural light, massive windows, vast space, and high ceilings – all features designed for the buildings’ original industrial purposes, and still having relevance today. Included in the extensive renovations are:
- Two new combination freight/passenger elevators
- Loading docks
- Two new burner boilers and smokestacks
- New roof
- 24-hour digital surveillance system
- Upgraded electric, with 4,000-5,000 amp service in each building
- Thorough resurfacing of the buildings’ façade and entrances, facing Nepperhan Avenue
- Various renovations to interior, including new drywall, sprinkler monitoring system, and much more
Property Highlights and Features:
- Two five-story historically significant buildings, situated on 1.5 acres, and totaling 146,691 square feet
- Approximately 14,000 square feet on each floor
- Multi-tenant facility housing executive industrial and manufacturing tenants, executive offices, retail, and artist studios
- Gut-renovated and sub-divided
- Access to Saw Mill River and Hudson River nearby
- 24-hour access
- Storage available
- Tail-gate loading
- Ample parking for 78+/- cars
- On-site supervisor and manager
- Bus stop in front of building and train and ferry systems nearby, allowing for easy shipping and receiving and site access
- Luncheonette on site
- Flexible, divisible space with room to grow
Here at 540/578 Nepperhan Avenue your company is provided flexible space that can be altered to suit your unique needs, in a building that has been rehabilitated by experienced real estate developers. All in an actively-producing industrial district with incredible access to major cities and waterways – you can’t afford to miss this opportunity!
Please note that without a valid APPOINTMENT AUTHORIZATION#,
the space cannot be shown to you.
Please take a moment to request the appointment and we will assist in
setting this up for you and issuing you an APPOINTMENT #
By presenting the information set forth herein, Heights Real Estate Company, LLC makes no representation or warranty of any kind, including without limitation, the condition or manner of construction of the property offered, conditions considered latent or patent, compliance with local law, and environmental conditions. Heights Real Estate Company, LLC . does not warrant the accuracy of the information set forth herein, and the same is submitted subject to errors and omissions, and the right of our principal(s) to withdraw, modify or condition the listing without prior notice.
- Other units you might like...
- Available Same Bedrooms Units
- Zuki Pjetrovic
- (646) 810 - 6221
- Make An Appointment toVIEW THE UNIT
- Email Me